Alcohol & Drug Treatment Programs for Women
Today, more than 4 million women in this country have become addicted to drugs or alcohol. Women of all ages, races and cultures. Women just like your best friend, your wife, your sister, or your daughter.
Many times women often find it difficult to seek help for a substance abuse problem; they put the care of their children or family members first.
At Gateway, we understand how difficult the decision can be for a woman to go into alcohol or drug treatment. Our specialized programs accommodate and make treatment more accessible to women based on their life style and needs.
Designed for women ages 18 and over, Gateway's substance abuse treatment programs are designed to meet unique biological, psychological, social, and familial needs that can differ from men. Our women's drug treatment programs focus on integrated treatment for substance abuse and dual diagnosis or co-occurring mental health issues.
Gateway's treatment programs address abuse and drug addiction related to:
All women's treatment programs include:
- Educational groups
- Individual counseling
- Family counseling and education
- Recreational activities and team building
- 12-Step education
- Recovery planning for relapse prevention
Our programs offer women compassion and care throughout their treatment. Medical and psychiatric treatment is provided by female staff that includes psychiatrists, physicians, and nurses. Gateway provides several alcohol and drug treatment programs for women depending on an individual's needs:
- Outpatient Programs - Convenient After-Work schedules, so treatment does not interrupt commitments with work.
- Residential Programs - Includes over-night accommodations when someone needs around the clock support.
- Day Treatment Programs - Provides a full day of treatment, more than an Outpatient Program, but allows individuals to go home at night.
- Aftercare - Continuing support after you leave the treatment environment.